Monday, August 15, 2016

Pop Culture League - Show your Shelfie!

Guess who's back? The league is back!














First topic is to show us your shelfie!  So most of my stuff is packed in boxes in the garage, so I have to rotate collections in and out. Over the last few months, I've watched the Plastic Galaxy about 100 times. If you haven't seen this documentary about how Kenner got and executed the Star Wars line, and the history of vintage Star Wars collectors, you're in for a treat. 

After watching it about 100 times, I decided to rotate my vintage Kenner collection onto my man cave shelves. It's a combination of actual vintage sets along with some of the repro vintage sets that Hasbro released a few years ago.

So here goes!




The middle empty shelf is where I take my "shadow box" photos of figures. Easier on the back because I can take the photo while standing. Showing my age not just with the vintage collection.


Hasbro 6 inch Black Series and the NECA Simpson Celebrity series. We have plenty of casualties from my cat.  Also, Super7 ReAction Alien figures and playsets.




Alien figures and playsets.


Crown jewel - vintage Greedo!


And some Gentle Giant Jumbos on the TV stand!



More from the League:

Stunt Zombie shows off Star Wars, Turtles and Wolverine. http://www.thestuntzombie.com/2016/08/pop-culture-league-assignment-shelfie.html

Jathniel's collection is at a place we've all been: http://jathniel.com/journal/8/16/2016/the-reboot-of-the-league

Ian shows off Wolverine and Daredevil goodness: https://www.instagram.com/p/BJLfxD1DOOG/

Brother Midnight has a collection to be proud of: http://greenplasticsquirtgun.blogspot.com/2016/08/pop-culture-league-assignment-shelfie.html


19 comments:

  1. Oh man, so many memories on those shelves. Sweet setup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brian. I wanted to make it look like you were walking through a toy store aisle during the Kenner era. Need better shelving but this will do.

      Delete
  2. Awesome display and collection!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rich! I need some kind of pegboard to hang the figures, even if they are the Vintage collection retros.

      Delete
  3. Very cool. I'm impressed with all the boxed stuff you have. That's something that missing from my collection, a vintage, boxed item.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Had a few of the retros that came out a few years ago and have been collecting the vintage packaging during the last year or so. Serious nostalgia.

      Delete
  4. That's fantastic! Wish I still had all the boxes (and shelf space!) to pull that off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've been getting rid of packaging for other collections, but the vintage Star Wars packaging will always be art.

      Delete
  5. I am definitely digging those shelves. I kinda wish I had been old enough to enjoy Star Wars toys at their first peak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, if only I had a time machine. I remember those toy stores like Child World where it was just a full aisle of SW stuff.

      Delete
  6. I'm currently in the market for a loose Greedo.He just pops on display with that lime green skin tone.Love the shelves btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Big Tone. I had two white book shelves from Target and two old brown ones. Just painted them all white.

      Delete
  7. Man Im still kicking myself for missing that Aliens egg chamber playset!And your star wars collection is crazy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brother. If you watch Plastic Galaxy, you might get hooked again.

      Delete
  8. Now that is a fantastic collection! Once upon a time I would have LOVED to have had a Star Wars collection like that. I still have most of my figures and some ships.

    I am joining you in this #shelfie at http://theotherside.timsbrannan.com/2016/08/pop-culture-league-challenge-shelfie.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! Also added your blog to our list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. gta 5 apk
    Vi mostro oggi una card a tema Halloween con una simpatica streghetta...spero vi piaccia e vi sia di ispirazione.

    ReplyDelete