Monday, October 17, 2016

BMC Iwo Jima Marines

I went to a toy soldier show a few years back. I found this cool toy soldier - a green Marine with an awesome radio. I picked him out from the dollar bin, found a few more, as well as the Iwo Jima flag raising group. Looking at their base, I realized these were from the BMC Iwo Jima playset. This set could be purchased for around $30 in the mid 00s. Really good sculpting for the price. I had the D-Day set and the sculpts were mediocre, except for the British. So I was happy to grab these guys.

I really like the bazooka guy (the bazooka actually is separate from the figure) and the prone soldier with the BAR (Browning Automatic Rifle).









Prone soldier with BAR.


2 comments:

  1. Those guys look pretty cool and that flag is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alexis. Yes - excellent sculpting on this set.

      Delete